Keep teeth healthy with regular dental examinations
- Talk to you about your medical history and lifestyle to rule out any risk factors for your general/oral health
- Check the external appearance of your teeth and ask you how happy you feel with the way they look
- Make sure your tongue, lips, cheeks and skin are all healthy
- Confirm that your bite is fine and that you don’t have any problems, aches or pains
- Check the stability and health of any restoration/crowns/fillings you may have
- Look for plaque, signs of tooth decay and check for gum disease
- You may also need some X-rays so your dentist can check in between your teeth, under your fillings and make sure your bones are strong and healthy
At the end of your dental health examination we’ll let you know what you can do to either become healthier or stay healthy and you’ll also have the opportunity to ask about treatments you may be interested in that can improve the appearance of your teeth.
If we find any dental decay, gum disease or plaque build up, you’ll want to get these sorted out as soon as possible by having some fillings and/or a visit with the hygienist.
Dental Health Examinations